Home » Announcements
Category Archives: Announcements
On May 31 Laurel will once again open for Sunday service! If you do not feel comfortable coming in just yet, not to worry, the videos will continue to be uploaded on this website. Videos will now be uploaded on Sundays instead of Saturdays.
What to Expect When We Head Back to Church
- The church has been mostly empty except for the folks that are contributing to the weekly videos.
- The church will be cleaned the Saturday before our first Sunday – Pews, doors and bathrooms.
- Every other pew will be roped off. A six foot middle section of the pew will be marked. Families can of course sit together. We might finally break in the front pews!
- There will be people to open the outside doors for you, but no greeters at the sanctuary doors.
- We will make sure the projection system is working, because there will be no bulletins.
- The offering plate will be at the entrance to the sanctuary, but will not be passed around.
- When we have communion, we have individually wrapped servings of juice and wafer.
- Passing of the Peace will be a sit, wave, smile and talk.
- Out of respect for others, consider wearing a mask.
There may be some differences, but the fellowship, friendship, support, worship and celebration of love and faith that we all have come to expect when we walk into Laurel will be the same!
May 3rd is Communion Sunday! Here is a link to some information to help you prepare: How Presbyterians Celebrate the Lord’s Supper
We hope you’re enjoying Mardi Gras wherever you may celebrate it. But we also want you to remember that there is a day after Fat Tuesday which begins the season of Lent. After all the revelry and eating and dancing comes the day to remember our mortality and to look inside ourselves and see where God can work in us to make us holier, purer, more humble people. That day of remembrance is Ash Wednesday. Come and join us for our Ash Wednesday Supper and Service starting at 6 pm. We’ll begin with a simple supper of soup and bread and follow it with a time of worship together. Enjoy Mardi Gras, then begin Lent with Ash Wednesday.
It is our pleasure to present our new logo for Laurel Presbyterian Church. Designed by church member and professional graphic artist Colleen MacRae, the dove with olive branch symbolizes the Holy Spirit coming with the gift of peace. The cross shape of the dove is intentional, showing the grace of God found in the cross. We are thankful to Colleen for her wonderful work and look forward to using this for years to come.
It’s time to celebrate the Christmas season and a time to reflect on God’s gift to us of Jesus of Nazareth, the Messiah (Anointed One) who comes to set us free from sin and death.
Join us in celebrating the Christmas story by participating in one or more of the following worship opportunities:
December 16 at 7 p.m. is our annual Christmas Pageant. Join us as we wish Happy Birthday to Jesus.
December 23 at 10 a.m. is a chance to hear wonderful music as the Laurel Choir presents A Thrill of Hope, their Christmas Cantata.
December 24, Christmas Eve, offers two opportunities for worship. At 4 p.m. we will have our family-friendly service where children are not only encouraged to come but will be the main participants in worship. At 8 p.m. we will worship with Holy Communion and Candle Lighting, all the while celebrating the coming of the Christ-child at Bethlehem.
Christmas is about more than presents or trees or food or even family. Christmas is about God coming into our lives and our history to free us, to love us, and to save us. Join us as we celebrate Christmas this year.