On May 31 Laurel will once again open for Sunday service! If you do not feel comfortable coming in just yet, not to worry, the videos will continue to be uploaded on this website. Videos will now be uploaded on Sundays instead of Saturdays.
What to Expect When We Head Back to Church
- The church has been mostly empty except for the folks that are contributing to the weekly videos.
- The church will be cleaned the Saturday before our first Sunday – Pews, doors and bathrooms.
- Every other pew will be roped off. A six foot middle section of the pew will be marked. Families can of course sit together. We might finally break in the front pews!
- There will be people to open the outside doors for you, but no greeters at the sanctuary doors.
- We will make sure the projection system is working, because there will be no bulletins.
- The offering plate will be at the entrance to the sanctuary, but will not be passed around.
- When we have communion, we have individually wrapped servings of juice and wafer.
- Passing of the Peace will be a sit, wave, smile and talk.
- Out of respect for others, consider wearing a mask.
There may be some differences, but the fellowship, friendship, support, worship and celebration of love and faith that we all have come to expect when we walk into Laurel will be the same!
May 3rd is Communion Sunday! Here is a link to some information to help you prepare: How Presbyterians Celebrate the Lord’s Supper
Check out this week’s video sermon on the “Sermons” tab
Check out the Sermons tab to enjoy this week’s sermon
Go to the Newsletter tab to get the latest!